To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe
-Anatole France-

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm officially a 50% doctor

Well, I have been late on alot of update. The most important thing that happened to me the past week was that I experienced my wort moment in IMU- collecting my EOS 5 results. (2nd worse is collecting EOS 3 results and 3rd worse is collecting EOS 2 results. hehe =p)


The good news is I PASSED!!! =D


My passport to Clinical School Seremban



The even better news is I did better than I expected. I actually got a B for EOS 5. That would my best ever result in IMU and to get it for EOS 5 is a big bonus for me.
It was rather surprising for me as the exam did not go as well as I would have hoped it to. OBA was extremely tough and tricky. I had to interpret every question as though it was written in french, understand what it meant and read between the lines for hidden message. Next I had to repeat the same process with the answers. As usual IMU examination standards means that at least 2 answers are very close with only ONE being the BEST answer. Thankfully OSPE and MEQ was better. Evidently I did (slightly) better in these 2 paper. OSPE still remains my favourite theory paper in IMU. Probably because I always get a B+ for OSPE. hahaha
OSCE was good and bad. The 1st day was a total disaster. I felt like crying after the exam. I fumbled in almost all my station, made mistake in stations that I have done a million times before, mixed up left and right (stroke question), stared at the patient for 2 minutes without a clue what to ask (irregular period HT), had no clue how to read an ECG in the SS station and didn't finish one CE station (pleural effusion). Day 2 went smoothly. Thank God! I managed to gain back my momentum and keep myself calm and collected through out the entire 12 stations. My final result - B-. Perhaps if I did well on both days I would have gotten a B+. Hmmm.. Shouldn't be greedy. B- is good enough. hehe
My result slip also told me something. As one might notice, it consists of As and Bs only. That means no more C. I'm no longer a C student!! haha I guess all the mugging I have done in the library is worth it. It pays off to study hard and be consistent with my work. I amaze myself how much I did in the past 1 year and even more how much I managed to revise in a short 16 days between CNS/MSK ICA and EOS5. Even more amazing is how relaxed I was through out the study break. I guess that's another benefit of being consistent. I can afford to be relaxed and take time off for breaks and thus avoid burnouts.
I have learnt my lesson. Be consistent, study hard, prioritize and all shall be well. If only I realised this in semester 1. hmmmm ;)
Oh well. It looks like my days in IMU Bkt Jalil has come to an end. I have foreseen this day coming. Its the end of the old and the beginning of the new. September 1st. A new campus, a new phase of medical school, a new environment and a totally new experience. Come what may, I'm ready.
ps. For the millionth time. Im OFFICIALLY a 50% doctor!! hahahahahahahahahahaha =D
The past is gone, there's nothing to we can do about it. The future is not here yet, we have no idea what's coming. All we have is the present. Make full use of it. Have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment