To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe
-Anatole France-

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Surgery in BP Day 2

It has been two days since we started our surgery posting in BP hospital. I still keep saying HTJS when I refer to the hospital. hahaha The hospital is great. Something like other district hospitals we have been to ( Kuala Pilah, Miri) but much bigger especially with the new ward block almost ready for use. The staff here are very friendly. Patients are not (yet) scared away by us. hahaha Most patients here speak Mandarin and Hokkien. It will be a good opportunity for me to brush up on my Hokkien. hehe

So far we have been rather busy with ward work and looking for portfolio cases. I have identified my case for Orthopedic and Surgery. Hopefully I will be able to use it in the end. Surgery in Sem 10 incorporated orthopedic. That means we need to cover both wards and attend to both discipline. Plus we have 3 on calls per week plus one weekend call. That's a grand total of 16 calls in 5 weeks. I think (hope) other postings wont be as hectic/ bust as surgery.

BP town itself seems ok. Have not had the leisure of time to look around. So far went to a few shops near my area. Food here is definitely better than in Seremban. Less salty too. And a big glass of fruit juice is only RM4. That's the best. The last time I had RM 4 large juice in KL was in 2002. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment