To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe
-Anatole France-

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hospital Kluang

For the first time in two weeks, I'm spending a weekday evening at home. No on call tonight. haha Finally have some time to catch up on my ever growing list of learning issues. Right now, it's somewhere around 20-30 items and I'm tackling item nunber ONE.

We went to Hospital Kluang today. It's a district hospital. Going to the hospital felt like going back to the 60's. The hospital ground was huge. It was not a block or two blocks like how hospitals are now. Its a bunch of "houses" clumped together within a wall which forms a hospital. As I was saying this morning, it feels like a "health Village". haha I used the word house because there were multiple small buildings that looked like houses to me. Each unit/ department/ ward occupies one of this house. So radiology takes one, female surgical takes one, male surgical takes one, labour room another, HDW one and so on. As far as I know, that's how our hospitals used to be built. Maybe not the 60's but pre independence. The wards itself felt the same too. Imagine a long corridor, with two rows of beds on the side. That's how it is.

Nevertheless, we managed to discuss a few cases. The visit was alright. There were very few patients there though. I don't want to end up in a hospital like this next time. A hospital like Batu Pahat I don't mind. Kluang? Not really.

Fail:Azin2.jpgSource: wikipedia.
The University Main BuildingThis is UM in the 20's. Tha's how the wards looked like. Don't see wards like this anymore these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment