To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe
-Anatole France-

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Research and SPSS

It is time I started work on my research write up. It has been delayed for many months now, due to exams and other issues. I cannot afford to push this aside any longer as I only have a few more months in IMU.

I decided to invest some time (though I still have my Ortho portfolio to complete) last night to look through our previous research write up and SPSS data. I realised that we have made many mistakes the previous time.

I now understand what Dr S meant when she said our discussion was too superficial and etc. And I do agree as well on her comments. I guess I have learnt a lot in the last couple of months from writing experimental Case Reports. I can say that I have gained much important experience and maturity. I am now more apt at finding data, citing, preparing manuscript, phrasing of sentences and deciding what is (and what is not) important in a write up. Hopefully this time around, I will be able to prepare a better write up.

We had many errors in our methodology and sampling no doubt. As mentioned, we were all green horns trying out a new task. I obtained my own copy of SPSS yesterday (thank you Ding) and tried to perform some analysis. It turns out that SPSS is not as enigmatic as I thought it was. I guess when you have no choice, you just got to figure it out. After this, I will need to print out all our references and run through them before preparing our discussion and editing our previous write up. I hope I will be able to produce something more substantial this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment