To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe
-Anatole France-

Sunday, December 4, 2011

1/72 F-117A

I picked up a new model over the weekend. A 1/72 Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk. It was the first airplane utilizing stealth technology, used by the US until its retirement in 2008. This shall be the 2nd plane in my collection.

With some experience from my last aircraft, I have picked up a few more tools including thinner for thin layers of paint compared to the thick ones i used previously. I will also experiment with spray can for the larger part of this airplane. I foresee this will be slightly easier than the last plane as it is completely in black and has less parts.



I also intend to fix another model which has been sitting on my table for quite some time. bought this when I was 9, but only assembled it 2 years ago. I could not figure out how to apply the decals and made the wise decision to leave it for later. It will need applications of its 15 year old decals and repair of its tires which has fell off. Hopefully with the right tools it will work out this time.

Its a 1/20 Jordan 191. Purchased by mum when we were in Australia. The Jordan 191 was designed by the Jordan Grand Prix and participated in the 1991 Formula One session. Michael Schumacher debuted in F1 with this car. 

1 comment:

  1. On closer inspection, only 1 of the tire components is in perfect condition. 1 has one broken axle, but is still relatively in place. 2 more is completely gone. using glue to keep the tires where it is suppose to be. Also missing part of a front wing. The effect of neglect. what a waste.

    ReplyDelete