To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe
-Anatole France-

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Clinical School Begins

After a long 3 months break, class has started again. This time, I no longer report in at Bkt Jalil but rather IMU Clinical School Seremban.

It has been 1 week since I went from senior in Phase 1 to super noob junior in Phase 2. 1st week was orientation aka briefing briefing briefing and more briefing mostly about ethics and professionalism.

Then yesterday, class proper started. Day 1 consists of clerking patients in wards. Today we spent some time at the Surgical Outpatient Dept (SOPD) where we saw a Tru Cut Biopsy and FNAC. Since the SOPD focuses on breast and neck today, I had the opportunity to palpate breast lumps and neck lumps.

After that it was back to wards again to clerk patients. I guess that's how Clinical School will be. Spending a lot time in wards and with patients. I'm not saying its bad. It's good to spend time with the people we will be serving and doing what we joined this course for.

Yet a question lingers behind my mind. Everything here is self independent. We even get to choose when and what topics we want to do for CSU and TBL (the Clinical version of PBL) as well as the lecturer. My question is, How Do I Know What I Need To Know??? I'm lost and confused. Not to mentioned other things like CFCS (Community and Family Case Study), Research and a few more other things that is running con currently.

Hopefully things will settle down soon and I will get a grip of things. Or else......

On a lighter note, I finally got my Internet connection in Seremban. hahaha Life was tough last week without it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment